Have a handful of paint chip samples around the house, or heading to the local hardware store? Here is a great way to reuse those samples next time you go for a hike with your tyke.
- Handout paint chip samples to your child, I like the ones with multiple colors on one card. Tell them to look high and low for colors in nature to match their cards.
- Remind your child the items MUST be from nature, no colors from shoes, jackets, signs.
- No picking items, leave flowers and other items for the next person to enjoy.
- Look on and off the trails
- Punch holes into the cards and place on a ring for easy carrying.
- Laminate the cards for future use.
- Store cards in ziplock bag and keep in the car for road trips.
- Keep record of all the colors you find, and what items matched. Try writing the matched items on the back of the sample, and store in nature journal.
- Bring your child to store to pick out colors, the y will probably pick the more exotic colors and you will be surprised what colors you will find on your hike.