Friday, April 5, 2013

Welcome


Introducing Naturally Playful: 

Handmade kid-friendly items, for indoor and outdoor "unplugged" play! 




Books take a back seat to television. Zero- to 8-year-olds spend an average of 1 hour and 40 minutes per day watching television and DVDs, compared to 29 minutes reading or being read to. Babies and toddlers under age 2 spend more than twice as much time watching television and DVDs (53 minutes) as they do reading or being read to (23 minutes.)

Greetings, and thank you for stopping by my blog. I am so excited to start this blog, and start my business Naturally Playful. It is my hope that I can inspire "unplugged" natural play to many families.


Why is it so important to get your child "unpugged"? Simply put children are spending less time outdoors, less time with unstructured playtime, and more time plugged into technology. The effects of this are harming children's creativity, emotions, and their naturally ability to just play. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for apps on my phone when sitting in long lines at the craft store, and glad we had our kindle for our recent plane ride, but there needs to be a balance. 

To find out more about current items available please check out my facebook page Naturally Playful

Links to getting kids outdoors





No comments:

Post a Comment